Recipe by Teresa Heeres from Quincy, IL.
Per Serving: 360 Calories, 29 g protein, 2 g fiber, 20 g fat, 4.5 g net carbs
- Servings: 2
- Prep time: 0:10
- Total time: 0:30
- Categories: Lunch, Main Dish
- Source: Terri
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach or can use Romaine if desired.
- 2 – 6oz skinless chicken breast sliced in thin strips
- ½ red bell pepper cut in strips
- ½ green pepper cut in strips
- ½ sweet yellow onion cut into strips
- ½ cup Splenda brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped garlic
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp. Chili powder
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tsp corn starch
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. Yellow mustard
Heat oil in a large skillet; add chicken, onions, garlic and peppers. Stir fry until vegetables are just slightly tender and chicken is no longer pink. Then mix in a separate bowl, ketchup, mustard, ginger, chili powder, crushed red pepper, lemon juice, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Then add mixture to chicken and pepper mixture, heat until it starts to boil. Then mix corn starch in a tablespoon of cold water then stir into skillet. Mixture will start to thicken and you can add a little more starch if a thicker consistency is desired. Serve on lettuce or spinach leaves. Note: you can also serve on a bed of noodles or rice; I chose lettuce to curb the carbs.