386 calories, 24 g fat 1 g fiber, 5 carbs, 4 net carbs, 38 g protein
- Servings: 2
- Prep time: 0:10
- Total time: 0:45
- Calories: 386
- Categories: Dinner, Main Dish
- Source: Terri
- 1 -16 ounce turkey breast tenderloin or 2 – 8 ounce
- 3/4 cup thin sweet onion wedges
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ red pepper
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp sage
- 1 Tbsp Splenda sugar or sweetener of your choice
- ½ cup of Walden Farm apple butter
- Roasted Green Beans (¼ cup zero calorie parkay liquid butter 1 tsp steak seasoning for the green beans)
1. In a large nonstick oven-going skillet, cook onion, covered, in 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and add mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes. Add cinnamon, garlic salt, splenda, sage, red pepper, apple butter, and thyme. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Sprinkle top of tenderloin with salt and pepper.
3. Carefully wipe out the skillet. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the skillet; heat over medium heat. Add tenderloin, to hot skillet. Cook for 5 minutes or until browned. Turn tenderloin.
4. Remove from skillet and put into a baking casserole dish, spread frozen green beans around tenderloin pour butter and seasoned salt mixture over green beans.
5. Spread onion, mushroom, and apple butter mixture on top of turkey loins Roast, uncovered, in the oven about 20 minutes or until no longer pink (170 degrees F). Cover with foil and let stand for 5 minutes. Slice to serve